Plants for wide vs plants for tall

Winston191

I'm setting up two tanks that will have plants. One will be a 29 gallon wide glow tank and other is a 37 gallon tall tank. I'm probably getting Java Moss, Marimo Moss Ball, Java Fern, Banana Plant, Anubias, Crypt, Amazon Sword, Argentine Sword, Hornwort, Utricularia Graminifolia, and Riccia Fluitans plants for the tanks. I want to do non rooting plants in the 29 gallon and low light plants in the 27 gallon. But I rather get your opinions on which plants should go in which tanks.

Mike1995

What type of cryptocorne do you plan on getting? Theres several types. Some are tall some not.
For the swords, especially the Amazon swords, I'd put them in whichever tank is taller. From personal experience, once you get them going they grow long tall leaves. You can probably put the java ferns and anubias in whichever tank. The ferns will grow tall but slow growing. The anubias will grow out, longer. But also slow growing. I find in my tanks neither really likes super bright lighting. I'm sure some people do put them in high light tanks, I don't. I'd put the moss in the 29. Id imagine in the taller tank, they'd struggle to get enough light if they're close to the bottom.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
INeedHelpLol
  • Question
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
Replies
Views
hyperheide