plants for ten gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by chris02_84, Apr 14, 2006.

1. chris02_84 Valued Member Member

i'm going to be setting up a river tank and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on strong current plnats....

2. Janmitch22 Valued Member Member

I dunno, I usually go to plantgeek.net for all of my plant questions.  I tried looking just now and there isn't  a "strong current" section, so you may have to search for a little while.  How strong a current do you have? I have some Borneo/Malaysian swords, but they're maybe four inches below the current that my two powerheads create. I may be dead wrong, but I'll venture to say that if your plants have a strong rooting, they should be okay.  If you choose flowering plants, the flowers may be blown off from the stress of the current....Maybe the grasslike plants would fare well...? I dunno.

3. chris02_84 Valued Member Member

that's what i was thinking too

4. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

It also depends on how powerful your light is, any CO2 or extra fertilizers, substrate, and the fish in it. So if you can answer all those questions people here might be able to help a little more.

5. chris02_84 Valued Member Member

empty tank...i'm drawing up plans for a river tank.....maybe a school of white clouds