Plants For Tank?

Nathan_betta3010

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 10 gallon tank with just one betta and fluval stratum as the substrate. I’m using the light that came with my tank, but they’re not the brightest. I also let natural light come in during the day. I was wondering what are some good plants that don’t require very bright lights.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Anubias and java fern dont require much light at all and your betta will love them. 6 hours a day is more than enough. Get a medium sized anubias and the betta will lay around on the leaves. Natural light is fine as long as the tank isnt near a window. That will cause temperature fluctuations and an algae problem.

Trott

Reaction score
With fluval stratum you could definitely grow crypts - I've found its a good substrate for root feeders. If it's your first planted tank a wenditii green or brown would be nice and are practically unkillable. Lutea and beckettii are easy to grow as well. Agreed with java ferns and anubias if you have any driftwood or anchoring points in the tank. The big thing is patience with these plant types, they can be really slow grower but are definitely worth it.

If lighting is a concern and your fixture uses screw in bulbs/incandescent you can switch them out for 13W compact flourescents with a daylight spectrum. They're pretty easy to find and will cost you less than $10 to upgrade.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom