Plants for my Goldfish

yukoandk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello, fellow goldfish lovers!

Since this thread hasn't seen much of an activity in a few days, I thought I'd like to share my most recent project with you--a planted goldfish tank. I'm studying lighting and nutrients and such for a planted tank with lots of help from this forum.

This is a new tank I just started and so far so good. I'm also adding plants to my original tank. I really want plants in my tanks!

Attachments

Elvishswimmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looks terrific! Hope they don't tear it up too much!

Do you have a black bubble eye!? I've never seen one before. It looks gorgeous!

Shine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not a great pic, but here's my version ...they tear at the watersprite a fair bit, but they leave the other plants alone. Good thing watersprite grows so fast!

Yours is awesome, by the way; I love the white rock outcroppings in the black gravel. Really stands out ;D

Attachments

shellbell4ever

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Very nice set up Good luck with the plants mine destroyed most of mine

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I like the planted look. It just makes it so much more natural looking. I wish my goldies didn't eat almost every plant I try. I love the long grassy plant - what is that one?

yukoandk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello all;

Well these new kids seem pretty mild mannered, and I see no evidence of plant nibbling so far. It is a bland new tank and they maybe still adjusting. Also in my original tank, I'm finding out more and more it is their breeding activities that cause havoc to the plants--dashing around and kicking up the plants as they go--rather than they actually eating them. There are certain plants they WILL devour such as Anacharis, though. I tried to pick some tougher looking root feeders in the mix as well as "salad plants" which will most likely need to be rotated/replaced. Shine, I like the look of watersprite--I might try it. Tall grassy plant is Eleocharis montevidensis, or Giant Hairgrass. It's turning brown in the mid part, and I'm worried it may loose the top growth. I'm planning on adding a few more taller background plants.

Yes! that's a black bubble eye! I hadn't seen anything like it before. This tank resides at a Chinese restaurant by my house. The owner is a friend and I agreed to set up and keep this goldfish tank for her. I chose the bubble eye and also a celestial for the wow-factor. Indeed they are quite interesting and popular as well!

That's all for today. Thank you all for your comments!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads