Plants for my betta 5 Gallon

SeaMonkey06

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with plant suggestions for my 5Gallon?

I currently only have 'one' Anubias Nana and nothing else. My plan is to heavily plant his tank, but I'd like it to be low tech (i.e, no CO2 if I can, don't mind extra fertilizers.) I have found this awesome aquatic plant distributor (good reviews and selection) that I will be ordering from and so far this is my list:

Java Moss
Java Fern
Anubias nana (1x more)
Duckweed (hoping this will multiply quickly so I can add some to all my other tanks)
Potentially Dwarf Hair Grass? I know this plant will do better with CO2, but do you reckon I could give it a go?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Ebreus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Looks good to me. IIRC Hair Grass likes ferts, Co2, and strong light... Duckweed would block out the light.
He might appreciate a Maramo Moss Ball. My grandmother has a Betta and he rolls the ball around his tank.

OP
SeaMonkey06

SeaMonkey06

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ebreus said:
Looks good to me. IIRC Hair Grass likes ferts, Co2, and strong light... Duckweed would block out the light.
He might appreciate a Maramo Moss Ball. My grandmother has a Betta and he rolls the ball around his tank.
Thanks. I didn't think about that! Yeah, I reckon I'll leave out the Hair Grass... I've hear great things about moss balls and may try get my hands on one or two of those...

New Threads