Plants For 57g

AJE

HI guys, I really need to get more plants for my 57g. No co2, no good sand and I think it should s low light but maybe not what do you think?
C4EAE271-EECB-4DFB-A837-41C2E633021E.jpeg I mostly want background plants, the bigger they get and the easier it is to propagate the better. It would also be nice to have some midground plants. What do you suggest?

Bryangar

You should see what plants your LFS has first..But I would do some lotus plants, toger lotus if it’s available. Maybe some vallisneria, most hygrophila sp. will be able to propagate and grow fast.

Rtessy

Vals or anacharis. Anacharis is technically a floating plant, but it does fine rooted. Vals would need serious root tabs, anacharis wouldn't need any kind of ferts

AJE

Here is the list of plants my lfs got on the 17th
734F9E11-6A99-4214-9206-8A3079E8EFC2.png
Are any of these a good option for me? They also have other plants this is just what they got new

AJE

Vals or anacharis. Anacharis is technically a floating plant, but it does fine rooted. Vals would need serious root tabs, anacharis wouldn't need any kind of ferts
I am really new to plants, I know I am about to sound extremely dumb, but what are root tabs? I have heard of them but never really knew what they were

Bryangar

Yup, literally all of those plants are basically the same. Anubias. They have a rhizome that you just tie to a decoration. They’re really slow growers, and take in nutrients from the water so you don’t need root tabs for these.

Root tabs are basically little tablets that are made of nutrients that plants can use through their roots.

WetRootsNH

Any of the anubias should work fine for you.
The bolbitis and the java ferns should work well too.
I can't comment on the AR's as I have never tried them.
Hygros are (almost) always a safe bet for low tech.
I would scoop up some of the Ranunculus and try that. It's a unique plant and while in high light it gets denser, in lower light it grows nice umbrella like plantlets. One of my favorites.
The Crypt parva is probably the only crypt that I wouldn't recommend for low light.
The buce's should work fine but might want just a bit more light... mediumish.

AJE

Ranunculus seems awesome Ranunculus inundatus | Aquatic Plants | Species Profiles | but this says they need co2 is that true? Also vals seem amazing but I’m scared of root tabs and ferts

WetRootsNH

I grew it in one of my earlier attempts at a shrimp tank for quite a long time without CO2.
It did fine, just got taller.
Not having ferts it may have an issue with though. Mine bleaches out if I lay back on the ferts.

AJE

Ok, it looks like I will pick up some Vals, Ranunculus, whatever mosses they have, java fern and fertilizers. And I have any money left over I’ll get some Anubias.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
david1978
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Aquarist
Replies
Views