Plants Dying?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by HelpIAmABeginner, Apr 21, 2017.

1. HelpIAmABeginnerNew MemberMember

All my plants are dying in my tank... They are freshwater plants, my water is at 78-80 degrees, the fish are fine, but the plants are not... I think they have enough substrate too... What's going on? The died within a few days.

2. James17Well Known MemberMember

First I'd check your lighting, what are you using now?

3. Lynn78tooWell Known MemberMember

No advice, I'm just following.

4. FishRFriendzWell Known MemberMember

It's hard to want to give advice here, there's so little info. Advice would be like writing up the entire book explaining all of aquarium keeping.
    Substrate
    fertilizer
    plants
    plant density
    water quality
    water chemistry
    stock
    filtration

sure your plants are dying, and any of the above and a lot of what's not above could be a problem

5. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

If you could provide us with a little more info we may be more helpful at giving advice. ;)
    What type of plants do you have? What type of lighting are you using? Are you dosing any ferts?
    Are they new plants? Some plants are prone to melt when introduced to a new environment

6. HelpIAmABeginnerNew MemberMember

Sorry for not getting back to you guys I was so worried of putting TOO MUCH fertilizer in my tank that I was putting TOO LITTLE of it in, & my plants suffered the cost. However, I'm following the directions exactly now & giving my plants the proper dosage & they are fine! Thank you all so much - and sorry for the horrible lack of information when I posted this question!

7. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

No worries ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice