Plants: does Platy or Betta like lot of plants(silk Plants

parvataneni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi All,

My 10 gallon tank has good amount of plants .its cycled completely. Now its time for me to decide on whether to get 4 Platys or 1 Betta ?

Initially i thought of going for Platys but as i have more plants i thinking is it a good idea ?
Picture attached in this thread please and suggest whether its good for 1 Betta or 4 Platys ?

Thankyou

Attachments

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would say platys as some of your decor could be a little rough on a bettas fins.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say either would be fine. Just as much damage can be done to platies as a betta when it comes to decor.

parvataneni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you .. Is my 10 gallon tank heavily decorated ? looking at the picture?

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not particularly. There is plenty of cover for the fish you might want but still open space for swimming in the middle area. I'd say it's decorated about right for either Betta or Platies.

BritJo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My 10 gal looks very sad compared to that one! beautiful tank! Either would love it I'm sure. Though my platies swim a lot in the open spaces of my tank vs in the plants/ decor.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
depending on the betta type, I agree that some of that is too much for a betta.....hm, crownies and even vt, can get allot of damage on their finnage...platies dont have the fins of those types of bettas...plakats would do great though! but I think with that awesome coloring of the deco, more fish like platies or guppies would look great!

Dark_Rider2k3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can't really help you but wanted to say your tank looks amazing!

parvataneni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you everyone ...thanks for your compliments.
Here is the latest picture ....

Attachments

Craig-D

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you go with platies, I would say that open swimming spaces are more important than a lot of plants. My platies spend most of their time in the open swimming spaces as well. They only go near the plants to eat algae off of them or maybe hang around them at night during their rest period. Neither platies nor bettas are shy types of fish that are always hiding in plants.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads