Plants at a good price! Question

1. Reefdweller Well Known Member Member

Any one know any where you can get plants at a good price? There has to be some where you can pick these up cheaper whether it be online or what. I could be wrong and the going rate of $5.00 - $9.00 retail each cant be beat but surely there is some where to pick these things up at a awesome price.

:;dk:;dk

2. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

$5 - $9 seems reasonable in the first place no?

3. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

4. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

It all depends on the plants you are looking for. Some can cost $5 for a bunch of 5 stems, and some can cost $5 for one plant. I think the best place to look is here on the forum and on aquabid.

I've gotten almost all my plants from these two places and I'm very happy with the prices I paid.

5. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I buy off aqua bid, you can get plants for a few dollars apiece, but there is the shipping charge. If you are getting a handful of plants or more, it could be work the shipping cost, and cheaper in total than buying at the store. The plants at the stores around me are all $4- $12.

6. Reefdweller Well Known Member Member

Okay good deal. I will check out aquabid. That's about how much I pay local too is about $5 - $12 each or so. That's a bit steep to me when you look at what you are getting. 4 or 5 stems.... I was looking to buy about 20 plants so at a couple of bucks a piece that's not bad at all but retail that's over $200.

Thanks for the tip - I will check out that site.

7. Reefdweller Well Known Member Member

8. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Well I know someone that sells wholesale but all the plants are REALLY cheap. I think there is a minimum order of $50 though..

9. Reefdweller Well Known Member Member

Do they have a website or anything?

10. iRun Member Member

I used arizonaaquaticgardens.com for my plants. They also have fish and inverts. They do have pretty good specials if you sign up on their site. Many plants around $3 dome cheaper. I'd buy there again.

11. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

I don't think so. I know the guy himself. He has an aquabid post which I can send to you if you'd like.

12. Reefdweller Well Known Member Member

Yeah I would appreciate that. I looked over the site last night.

13. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Post your wish list of plants in the B/S/T/F forum. There are many members who sell plants at decent prices.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I will be offering plants soon.

14. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

15. Ryan1824 Member Member

Another option would be to join a local aquarium club. Most major cities have at least one and they are a great source for low cost plants and fish.

16. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

The gentleman that rouge recommends is very good but you need to place larger orders.

I highly recommend Haruppas plants as well as Catsmas I have bought from both and have been very happy with all my plants. They are always live and do well in my tanks (until I kill a few lol)