Planting Guidance?

kayla.s

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I got a few plants from someone who just sent me a bunch of trimmings from their tanks, and now I'm wanting to plant them but don't know what they all are or how to plant them. Is there some standard way to tell if they want their roots buried or if they're a column feeder? Or will I need to identify each plant and then Google it?

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you please take some pics? Then I can help you out 100% for certain. Thanks.

Florian Pellet

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
As far as I know, most plants prefer to have their roots burried. Exceptions are moss (will burry roots given the opportunity but will do just as well stuck to a rock) and plants with rhizomes (sort of a "main branch" from which both roots and leaves grow — same as for moss, will burry roots if given the chance, but for these you have to take care not to put the rhizome underground).

kayla.s

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
@SFGiantsGuy @Florian Pellet sorry to only get back to you guys now, been a hectic week. I'll attach pics below.
20180501_110911.jpg
20180501_110929.jpg
20180501_110958.jpg
Sorry the last one is a little blurry and the plant isn't in great condition atm

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah glue or tie the Javas to something. Simple as that. And usually SOME plants like Vallisneria like the roots juuust visible above the substrate.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom