Planted The Discus Tank

1. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

c99a1104c902d9c5213e08028ced6ab9.jpg 672fe18ed9008b3e3bbe0f5a70627ce9.jpg

Just some swords and vals. I think I'll try some of the dwarf sagittaria for the foreground.
  2. KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Wow! It looks awesome! And your discus look so beautiful! I'm gonna be gawking for a while :)

(You're inspiring me haha. I want to plant mine now :) I've just got some anubias in it lol)

3. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

I waited a long time to put anything in their tank as it was so much hassle with the constant water changes and feeding they needed as juveniles. But, now that they are adults, it was time to give them a more natural environment, they seem to be enjoying it also! :) I did decide to put Eco-complete down under the rock, thought it would give the swords and the vals a good base in which to grow.
  4. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

I need to put some other color (redder plants, maybe) and various plant textures in there... it looks to monochrome and uniform. What plants do you think? I only have 1 Finnex 24/7 on it and the tank is 24 inches deep. So, probably low lighting plants being so deep, right?

5. KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

I think a Red Rubin or Red flame sword (they've got a bit of horizontal wrinkling) would look really nice.

Or if you wanna change it up, a tiger Lotus would look really nifty as well because of the shape and patterning (if you're okay leaving the Amazon theme lol).

Or even a flamingo crypt, those are beautiful and have pink and red coloring too

And all the red plants would appreciate iron rich root tabs too, so you get to keep the pretty colors

I don't think your depth is all that bad; it's good enough for a lot of the less angry/needy plants :p
  6. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Good suggestions thanks, my friend...