Planted tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised how fast my Christmas moss has been growing to ! I started using excel flourish and micro nutrients with my diy co2 and everything is going nuts in the tank I'm loving it and my gouramis love all the hiding places !

LilChicken

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It looks really nice, this is how planted I want my 75.

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
That sword tail on the right is growing like it's on steroids it's leaf tips come out of the water lol and I really want more drift wood

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Anders247

Hey man most recent ludwigia picture I right now have 6.7k and color max in. Kinda experimenting right now to see what combination works best

Originally was a 6.7k and 10k. What do you think would work best. The bottoms of the plant leaves look amazing I just want the tops better.

Any advice ?

Dolfan

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would go with 2 of the 6.7k bulbs. Be sure to replace your bulbs every 6-9 months for optimum results. Plants need time more then anything, results will be gradual. Be sure to use some root tabs and a liquid fert like Seachem Flourish Comprehensive. Ludwigia will get more pinkish red toward the tops as it gets closer to light. Iron from the root tabs and liquid ferts will help with red tones too.

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
So really I'm just at a waiting game. Okay I'll probably ill go get another set of bulbs for it soon seeing as I started this all up in march ish. But I have shown the ferts I'm using along with root tabs

Attachments

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tank as of today. Figure I update you guys. Got another 6.7k bulb and it looks much brighter. Hope this will get that ludwigia to turn red

Attachments

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dolfan Anders247 THANK YOU !!! Last question for Dolfan which do you recommend more the finnex ray 2, finnex planted plus, or finnex planted plus 24/7 all with in my price range just wondering which you recommend more

Attachments

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would go with 2 of the 6.7k bulbs. Be sure to replace your bulbs every 6-9 months for optimum results.
This is not necessarily true. I know a few people with PAR meters and they have seen no difference in PAR levels in bulbs that are brand new compared to ones that are 2 and 3 years old. Just some FYI for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 40 63.5%

Top Bottom