10 Gallon Tank Planted Tank with Endlers and What Else?

faywayway

Okay so I'm very excited about this arrangement idea I have. I have one 5 gallon tank right now that is home to 5 male endler's livebearers, which I realize is probably really pushing it with the stocking. I have been on top of my water changes though. On top of that, they fight a lot over space and territory that 5 gallons is probably hard to divide well. It's more of just squabbling luckily, there's been no real damage.
I've also reeeeally been wanting a lil pea puffer baby after seeing a bunch of them at my LFS and ahh they are just so precious! Some would come right up to the glass and stare at me haha. Anyway, I also have a brand new 10 gallon tank that I just set up yesterday to work as just a sort of plant hospital (some have taken a lot of damage from scuds) and quarantine.

My plan is, whenever this 10 gallon finishes cycling, to move my group of endler boys into the 10 gallon so they have some more room. The pea puffer will then get to live all by itself in the 5 gallon tank (it's also overrun with bladder snails so win win).

So now onto the stocking question. I have also seen pygmy corydoras at my LFS and they're super super cute too, and I've always wanted some sort of cory cat. How many could I put in there? And is there maybe anything else I could add to that stocking? I just need small and non-boisterous fish so these plants have a chance to root into the substrate and begin to grow from their damage or cuttings. Would it probably be a good idea to just stick with the endlers and a cory school? Could I add one more variety of male endler or would he get bullied by the others?

Thanks!

Tramsdell

Fun fact about corydora. Nobody tells you this at the store. They are toxic. When under stress, they release a poison from their body. It kills them and everything in the tank.

Upvote 0

faywayway

Fun fact about corydora. Nobody tells you this at the store. They are toxic. When under stress, they release a poison from their body. It kills them and everything in the tank.
Oh wow I definitely did not know that at all. As long as parameters and everything are to their liking it wouldn't be a problem right? Do they stress easily?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
5 Gallon Tank Any suggestions
Replies
Views