Planted breeder

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok I have a heavy planted 20g long with killifish they are laying eggs the first few I’ve seen grew fungus within the first two days I dose the tank with fertilizer and excel advanced daily should I stop this morning there are 3 new good eggs that I can see I don’t dig thru the moss and plants just count the visible ones

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A good amount of eggs should survive, they are light sensitive so the ones layed deep in plants wont fungus

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AquEric said:
Try some hydrogen peroxide I use it on my German Blue Ram eggs I put a cap full in a 10 gallon tank I have to raise them myself the parents eat them
SnookusFish said:
A good amount of eggs should survive, they are light sensitive so the ones layed deep in plants wont fungus
Ok so if they are light sensitive how much and how long should I keep the lights on the tank is planted mostly low light plants and java moss

AquEric

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tallen78 said:
Ok so if they are light sensitive how much and how long should I keep the lights on the tank is planted mostly low light plants and java moss
I keep mine 12 on 12 off but I keep a lot of plants how long are your lights on

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tallen78 said:
They will probably spawn in the java moss, if you really want to breed them manually remove the eggs and store them in an opaque container until they hatch. Heres a video of how i bred my gardneri killifish:

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AquEric said:
I keep mine 12 on 12 off but I keep a lot of plants how long are your lights on
8-6 I have a fluval 3.0 and the tank is pretty well planted with a lot of moss and other floating ferns not sure of the name here’s some pics

SnookusFish said:
They will probably spawn in the java moss, if you really want to breed them manually remove the eggs and store them in an opaque container until they hatch. Heres a video of how i bred my gardneri killifish:
Thanks I’ve watched video and if these eggs keep molding I will go that route I was really hoping I could just sit back and watch it happen

Attachments

New Threads