Planted Aquariums.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Thefishgeek33, Jul 9, 2015.

1. T

Thefishgeek33 Valued Member Member

I wanna see everyone's planted aquariums, I would appreciate if u shared your advice and whatnot...thank you☺

Sent from my SM-G386T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

It's kind of a mess right now but this is my 40g breeder. Excuse the breeder net, mystery snails were hatching into it so it couldn't be moved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    T

Wow that's just beautiful, I want mine to end up looking something like that, the plants do give the tank a lot of potential...I spy a moss ball lol .

4. Bijou88

Thanks! I feel like I went a little overboard on the plants but the fish seem to like it, lol. There's actually 4 moss balls hiding in there somewhere, they migrate thanks to the pleco, haha.

Fwiw, the plants that are doing the best for me are my ludwigia repens, anubias and water wisteria. The ludwigia especially grows a couple inches a week it seems like.

5. OP
    OP
    T

No u didn't it looks perfect, and I'm sure the fishes love it I bet they're always around them or hiding in them...nice I just spotted one lol I plan on getting two more though...how long did it took you for it/them to grow that big? Mines like the size of a golf ball lol...and really I'm gonna have to look into it, I was gonna stick with Amazon, swords, red melons, water sprite and java fern....have u had any of those before?

6. I keep fish

I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Haven't finished planting yet. But you can get a full look with only two different types of plants.
    172513d1436298394t-55-gallon-community-redo-build-img_0920.jpg

7. Bijou88

My moss balls are roughly golf ball sized too, maybe a little bigger, they haven't grown at all yet that I can tell but I hear they're really slow growers. Water sprite is similar to wisteria, i have swords (amazon, micro, and argentine) they're all doing fairly well with root tabs. I've got quite a bit of java fern, the windelov seems to be growing slightly faster than the regular kind, both have just started getting lots of baby plants recently.

Thanks! I started out with a few but got impatient waiting for them to grow in, lol, so I got a bunch more. You should definitely look into ludwigia, it's a really lovely plant that seems to grow very well with little fuss.
    I keep fish are those jungle vals? They look awesome!

8. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

RIght now I only have anacharis and a moss ball (about tangerine size) in mine. But the anacharis is multiplying like crazy. I have to say I'm a big fan of this plant. It has been soaking up nitrates like no other.

And my ram and gouramis love the moss ball

9. DC90

DC90 Valued Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436452672.052541.jpg

Not as heavily planted as the others

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

10. CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

33g long, low tech riparium style.
    Plants are: Anubias, Java ferns, swords both micro and standard, bacopa, crypts, Marino covered driftwood. For some reason I had no luck with Ludwigia. It would get lots of new growth but also lose lots of old growth.
    Riparium plants are: umbrella, polka dot, Dracena, curly bambo (Dracena), and pothos.
    Led lights, 6500k

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436454170.396511.jpg

11. OP
    OP
    T

Beautiful setups! I'm impressed how many people are fans of aquatic plants

"I am not what has happened to me, I am who I choose to become"
    "Only God Can Judge Me"

12. I keep fish

I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Bijou88 yes they are Red Jungle Vals add some root tabs and they grow great.

13. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Nice tanks everybody. Alison

14. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

My 60 gallon ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436460897.389627.jpg

15. T

Thetanknwebie Well Known Member Member

This is an old pic of my tank. It's a 10g community with regular petco black sand, root tabs for the sword and liquid fertilizer for the Java ferns. Tips: research each plant you buy, get the best lighting you can and use the best fertilizer you can get (highly recommend the seachem line)

16. T

Thetanknwebie Well Known Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436534935.811874.jpg

17. Jenbug0901

Jenbug0901 Valued Member Member

Beautiful tank! What is that large plant in the center? I am trying to decide on a few starter plants.

18. CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like a sword plant.

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

19. Jenbug0901

Jenbug0901 Valued Member Member

Thanks, I'll look that one up!

20. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I think it's an Amazon sword

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice