Planted aquaria with a twist

NextstepAquatics

Reaction score
92 gallon corner tank ,lighting is and this eveyone always says is NO GOOD is Quartz hallogen. yes it is a little yellow but a picture is worth a thousand words. Eheim canister filter. plants include FOREGROUND-
Pogostemon helferi, Pellia,Dwarf sagitaria the bronze grass i do not know what it is if anyone knows please let me know.Mid ground nesea, rotala green, water sprite-wisteria.anubias petiet, baby tears,fissden. 8 agoo boos, 4 peacock digeons 3 flying fox 4 otto cats 2 simease algea eaters, 20 true red nose rummies 20 haliquin razboras countless ghost shrimp and ammano shrimp. two khulii loaches and a golden piscostomous .florite and latereet substrate with a cable heater.i add no feralizers between the tree stump and the peat moss around the water fall all the organics the tank seems to need is supplied .i try to create a mini eco system in this manner i have found the best results .ph is kept at 6.8 -7.0 by Co2 injection. 10 bubbles per second due to the two foot drop with the waterfalls. Yes i know the more surface movement the less Co2 concentration or more injection is needed but the water fall is A HUGE part of my system, i have always gone against the norm and found a way to work things out. ALL the plants around the tank are feed from the water fall. i water nothing ever. all runnoff drops right back into the tank. 50-70% water change weekly. this should about cover it, at a 1/4 th the price of a reef tank the old boring fresh water tank is making it's mark in the hobby.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
WOW! Beautiful tank!

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well done that looks amazing ;D

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
WAHHHH.... I want a bigger tank!!! ;D haha...
That is a beautiful set up there. I just love it! You did a fantastic job with placing the plants! Good for you! ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful tank!! Thanks for sharing
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Love your tank it is very good. Cool idea with the waterfall..

Heidi

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looks great!

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice tank! Anyway, what are those small green plants at the front?

NextstepAquatics

Reaction score
Pogostemon helferi- or better known as downoi

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, VERY cool!!!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Amazing tank. Planted tanks have always fascinated me. Love your setup at the top of the tank.

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I really love the uniqueness of your aquarium. You have made the tank look as if it just stepped out of it's environment. Beautiful!

cicatriz

Valued Member
Reaction score
that is one of the best aquariums i have ever seen!

one question: what is an agoo boo?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow!  That is fantastic!  You should enter that tank in the next AGA competition! 

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/

It would also be interesting to see the reactions of the Plantgeek members. They are a great group. You should consider joining their forum!

www.plantgeek.net

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That's amazing!!! Very nice!!!!!!

bmRboY

Valued Member
Reaction score
That is truly amazing!!!!! One of the best tanks I've seen!!!!

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
That... is... breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Almost a shame no fish, but I imagine it wouldn't be that handy with all the stuff on top (+ maintenance...). Amazing tank, man.

Joy44

Valued Member
Reaction score
I cannot even believe how beautiful that tank is! I love my plants and garden just as much as my tanks and you did an amazing job bringing the two together. Fish would be neat but probably not too practical. It looks fantastic with out them! How did you even start the project. Did you do all the planting at once? How long have you had the tank like that? I am in awe!

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Oh wow! Looked at it again and thought how happy my fish would be in there. My tank looks like a barren desert in comparison!

JnsDnsks

Reaction score
Okay...do some of you posters need glasses?!
There are indeed several fish inhabiting that beautiful creation...Reread the post.

Stunning...what a beautiful piece of tranquility.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom