Planted aquaria with a twist

NextstepAquatics

92 gallon corner tank ,lighting is and this eveyone always says is NO GOOD is Quartz hallogen. yes it is a little yellow but a picture is worth a thousand words. EheI'm canister filter. plants include FOREGROUND-
Pogostemon helferi, Pellia,Dwarf sagitaria the bronze grass I do not know what it is if anyone knows please let me know.Mid ground nesea, rotala green, water sprite-wisteria.anubias petiet, baby tears,fissden. 8 agoo boos, 4 peacock digeons 3 flying fox 4 otto cats 2 simease algae eaters, 20 true red nose rummies 20 haliquin razboras countless ghost shrimp and ammano shrimp. two khuliI loaches and a golden piscostomous .florite and latereet substrate with a cable heater.I add no feralizers between the tree stump and the peat moss around the water fall all the organics the tank seems to need is supplied .I try to create a minI eco system in this manner I have found the best results .ph is kept at 6.8 -7.0 by Co2 injection. 10 bubbles per second due to the two foot drop with the waterfalls. Yes I know the more surface movement the less Co2 concentration or more injection is needed but the water fall is A HUGE part of my system, I have always gone against the norm and found a way to work things out. ALL the plants around the tank are feed from the water fall. I water nothing ever. all runnoff drops right back into the tank. 50-70% water change weekly. this should about cover it, at a 1/4 th the price of a reef tank the old boring fresh water tank is making it's mark in the hobby.

COBettaCouple

WOW! Beautiful tank!

boff

Well done that looks amazing ;D

capekate

WAHHHH.... I want a bigger tank!!! ;D haha...
That is a beautiful set up there. I just love it! You did a fantastic job with placing the plants! Good for you! ;D

Butterfly

Beautiful tank!! Thanks for sharing
Carol

skippi

Love your tank it is very good. Cool idea with the waterfall..

Heidi

sgould

Looks great!

Stradius011

Nice tank! Anyway, what are those small green plants at the front?

NextstepAquatics

Pogostemon helferi- or better known as downoi

Jimold

Oh, VERY cool!!!!

atmmachine816

Amazing tank. Planted tanks have always fascinated me. Love your setup at the top of the tank.

smillermom

I really love the uniqueness of your aquarium. You have made the tank look as if it just stepped out of it's environment. Beautiful!

cicatriz

that is one of the best aquariums I have ever seen!

one question: what is an agoo boo?

Gunnie

Wow!  That is fantastic!  You should enter that tank in the next AGA competition! 

It would also be interesting to see the reactions of the Plantgeek members. They are a great group. You should consider joining their forum!

Bonochick

That's amazing!!! Very nice!!!!!!

bmRboY

That is truly amazing!!!!! One of the best tanks I've seen!!!!

armadillo

That... is... breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Almost a shame no fish, but I imagine it wouldn't be that handy with all the stuff on top (+ maintenance...). Amazing tank, man.

Joy44

I cannot even believe how beautiful that tank is! I love my plants and garden just as much as my tanks and you did an amazing job bringing the two together. Fish would be neat but probably not too practical. It looks fantastic with out them! How did you even start the project. Did you do all the planting at once? How long have you had the tank like that? I am in awe!

armadillo

Oh wow! Looked at it again and thought how happy my fish would be in there. My tank looks like a barren desert in comparison!

JnsDnsks

Okay...do some of you posters need glasses?!
There are indeed several fish inhabiting that beautiful creation...Reread the post.

Stunning...what a beautiful piece of tranquility.

COBettaCouple

yea, I see some of the fish, particularly on the left side of the pic.

NextstepAquatics

Joy44 said:
I cannot even believe how beautiful that tank is!  I love my plants and garden just as much as my tanks and you did an amazing job bringing the two together.  Fish would be neat but probably not too practical.  It looks fantastic with out them!  How did you even start the project.  Did you do all the planting at once?  How long have you had the tank like that?  I am in awe!
there are over 60 fish in the tank 20 red nose rummies 20 harliquin rasboras,2 simease algae eaters,2 fly fox, 8 agoo-boos, 1golden piscostomus,8 Bumble bee gobies. ghost shrimp,amano shrimp,theres plenty of life in the tank. tank has evolved over the last year and a half I have adjusted plants from one spot to another at times due to to much water in one spot not enough to another it's trial and error. and keep an eye on what you allow to grow. and where it came from

armadillo

Yeah, you've raised the bar a notch here! Will be difficult to keep up.

COBettaCouple

armadillo said:
Yeah, you've raised the bar a notch here! Will be difficult to keep up.
LOL. at this point, i'm happy if I can just get a plant to not die!

bmRboY

The best thing about seeing other people's tanks is the variety of styles... Let's say that given the exact same dimenions everybody would have different interpretations of creating space for their fish.... The idea is truly remarkable and visually stimulating to say the least.... Inspires me every time I see your photo...Thanks for sharing....

NextstepAquatics

Re: New pics Planted aquaria with a twist

bmRboY said:
The best thing about seeing other people's tanks is the variety of styles... Let's say that given the exact same dimenions everybody would have different interpretations of creating space for their fish.... The idea is truly remarkable and visually stimulating to say the least.... Inspires me every time I see your photo...Thanks for sharing....
before you create recreat think things through. weight for one added dirts rocks and now soak them with water I added probably 2/3 the tanks own weight with the water fall this adds a lot of weight per square foot to the live load of the floor.Not to mention your fish tank is designed to hold the number of gallons of water with additional gravel and rocks. fisrt attemps at a over flow by adding a couple inches to the top of the tank ended up watching the seams spread apart. just food for though my best to you. the most extreme form of praise is to inspire others here's a link with some more photo's 

paul219

NIce tank.

Butterfly

I'm asking also what are agoo-boos
Carol

Howeyg

cooooooool 8)

COBettaCouple

Butterfly said:
I'm asking also what are agoo-boos
Carol
that's when a little one falls and geta a goo-boos on their knee.

Isabella

A wonderful tank - looks like an authentic piece of nature in your own home. I have seen it before on RateMyFishTank.net - good website, has lots of beautiful planted tank photos. Once again, your tank is a true work of art!

azzman

it makes my tank look like its fallen of the back
of a truck, then been hit by the next truck.
awesome job.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom