2x GBR
    15x cardinal tetras

Stock#3:
    1-2x Pearl gouramis
    6-7x Emerald cory
    2x GBR
    10-15x Black neon tetras

Stock#4 (an interesting curveball):
    30-35x serpae tetras or tiger barbs, or some other under appreciated nippy schooler

Let me know what you guys think is best, or even propose some different fish to add/substitute in!

2. b

bryangar Well Known Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    Guppykid101

Guppykid101 Well Known Member Member

I've never really liked to rely on aquadvisor, and I'm pretty sure my choices are an okay amount of stocking, I was just looking for opinions on which might be better, or if anyone had fish I should try out :)

4. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

I personally like option #3 the best.

5. OP
    OP
    Guppykid101

Why's that? The pearl gouramis do really seem like a fun centerpiece.

6. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Well I like #2 and #3 way more than the others. But I like pearl gouramis and black neons a LOT more than platies or cardinals. Lol.

7. OP
    OP
    Guppykid101

Makes sense, thanks for your opinion, I think I've personally ruled out #1 myself, and I'm closing in on #2 and #3 as well...I think the colors on the pearl gouramis would go really well with the black neons..

8. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

I vote #2 but instead of platys, a pleco or 2.

9. OP
    OP
    Guppykid101

I've heard some less than appealing storys about plecos and corys living in the same tank and the plecos being too territorial and grumpy for the corys complete lack of "personal space". Just has me on my toes a bit about mixing them.

10. DarkOne

I have a BN (3.5") and Blue Phantom (4") with 8 bronze cories in my 75g and a BN (4") and Vampire Pleco (3") with 12 peppered cories in my 40b. The Vampire pleco will be moved to the 75g when he grows out a bit more. No issues at all. There are some plecos that are very territorial so you do need to check on the specific pleco you get but most are not aggressive toward non-plecos.

11. OP
    OP
    Guppykid101

Good to know, I'm really interested in the small/medium exotic plecos that offer a little bit more to the tank than just a BN or rubber lip

12. DarkOne

BNs are great for controlling most types of algae. I've noticed most of the smaller exotic plecos are more carnivorous. Blue (and Green) Phantoms grow to about 5-7" and will eat algae. Vampire plecos grow to about 10" and are more carnivorous.

2018-04-06 22.11.45.jpg

2018-04-12 18.04.01.jpg

13. OP
    OP
    Guppykid101

Won't BN's eat up all my lovely plants though?

Two very beautiful fish btw!

14. DarkOne

My BNs keep my leaves clean but don't eat them. They can't quite clean the tips though.

2018-05-18 22.47.18.jpg

15. OP
    OP
    Guppykid101

What a gorgeous tank! Thanks for the help sorting out the whole pleco thing, glad there's a person for every fish on here haha.