Planted 40 Breeder Stocking?

Guppykid101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm in the beginning stages of a bad idea over here...raging MTS has set in since I retired mt 29 gallon tank. Let's just chat about some stocking possibilities in said 40B that may or may not come about.

Alright, so as for what I'm looking at, literally everything guys I'm all over the board here. Originally I was really interested in finally delving into shrimp, either amano or RCS, but after looking into it and realizing that fish and shrimp really don't get along I was kind of disappointed...as for my other interests:
-Some kind of community tank with a BN pleco (I've never had one!)
- Serpae tetra species tank?
-Something with apistogramma?
-Maybe a godsend stocking list with some fish compatible with shrimp?
-Mollies and platys are kind of interesting?

I'm trying to steer clear of fish that I've already gotten experience with or currently have so: Angelfish, bronze corys, kuhli loaches, head and tail light tetras, and harlequin rasboras are off the list.

I have also had experience with opaline, golden, and kissing gouramis, as well as GBRs (which I'm in love with) but I only kept them for a little while so I'm open to stocking ideas with them included. Just have fun and throw out some ideas!

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The stuff you listed is very common, and i'm thinking your wanting something more exotic. What about a wild species of betta? Betta albimarginata is a cool little fish that you can keep in shoals with little to no aggression. Apistos are always a favorite of mine also.

Guppykid101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DutchAquarium said:
The stuff you listed is very common, and i'm thinking your wanting something more exotic. What about a wild species of betta? Betta albimarginata is a cool little fish that you can keep in shoals with little to no aggression. Apistos are always a favorite of mine also.
Well, not necessarily exotic, just something new to me, while exotic options are appreciated I don't think its absolutely necessary.

While I think it's interesting that bettas have a wild variant and their finnage is rather unique I just don't think they're very appealing to look at. This tank would be in my bedroom so it doesn't have to be a pretty fish necessarily, I just have never liked wild bettas. What kind of stocking could I do including apistos?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom