Planted 10 Gallon Shrimp And White Clouds:)

Pat93

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
image.jpg
FB27AF0B-5CBA-4C5C-859E-1A9815422515.jpeg
CC301113-E94A-47DA-9219-B01172AF2893.jpeg
10 gallon
Sand substrate root tabs
Peacock moss
Moss balls
Crypts and some apongs
Dwarf hair grass
And some random stem plant that came with a pack of bunches plants lol
White clouds
Red cherry shrimp
Mystery snail
3 (for now) Malaysian trumpet snails
Had a lot of fun setting this little guy up. It wasn’t planned to keep the minnows with the shrimp but with all the green in the tank the red really pops so I couldn’t resist

I could take out the heater but my home temp fluctuates a lot so I keep one in all my tanks

Any ideas to help me get either species to breed (besides separating them) would be awesome

I plan to get more cover for the shrimp, and when the summer comes the white clouds might get an outside pond home.
But since I have to wait awhile to move the white clouds and they aren’t attacking my fully grown shrimp if they propagate in the tank together in the first place I won’t even move them.

QueenLittleLizard

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cool! I wish I could get a tank like that. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with only a 3-gallon. As for breeding, the only advice I can give you is for shrimp. This is what I heard: Just give them lots of plants, and tubes and things to hide in, and they'll do the rest. Not sure if that's right though, or if the rules change with fish in the tank.

OP
Pat93

Pat93

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That’s along the lines of what I’ve heard. Lots of moss and caves
I may run into the problem of the fish eating the babies but as long as more survive then get eaten the population should grow with fish in the tank, it will just be slower. I’m not looking for maximum output so that’s fine with me

New Threads