Plant Suggestions

Wintersprite

Hey all, I have a 5 gallon betta tank that I would like to add plants to. I am looking for some suggestions on what to add that will work well with my set up. When it comes to plants I am still a beginner. Still trying to figure out/learn about lighting and fertilizers. The light I currently have is the nicrew classic led 12-18”. For fertilizer I have both seachem flourish root tabs and tropica premium fertilizer. The tropica fertilizer was given to me, so I am currently trying to figure out how to correctly use it in a 5 gallon tank. The tanks substrate is black aquarium sand.

Thank you guys for the help and plant suggestions. If more tank information is needed please let me know. I could only think of lighting, fertilizer, and substrate.

Wintersprite

Thank you for the suggestions. Will any crypt work or are there certain ones that work better for smaller tanks?

I will take an updated picture later on this afternoon when I do my water change. Right now it is pretty plain. Just a sponge filter, heater, a few rocks, a rock formation ornament, and a couple dying plants that I should probably take out. I can’t remember what the plants names are right now.

ProudPapa

I have water wisteria in my 40 gallon breeder tank, and my female betta likes to rest in the crowns. It will need occasional trimming, but that won't hurt it.

Amazoniantanklvr

You are welcome
I don't keep crypts so idk.

Wintersprite

Thanks, I will add water wisteria to the list to check out. Also going to look more into the crypts to see what ones will work in a 5 gallon.

I didn’t make it to the water change today, but did manage to snap a quick picture. The betta is of course hiding in the cave. Must of known I was taking a picture haha. Right now it is a pretty lame set up, but that is where the plants come in.

B9B8917B-0E66-48E6-AEBB-D1A51E2C9145.jpeg

Amazoniantanklvr

Bacopa is a good easy plant. it is thriving in my tank without any fets.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JustAFishServant

New Plant Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom