Question Plant Suggestions

Anna94

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I want to invest in live plants, but I want very low maintenance plants that don’t require high-end lighting because all I have is a Beamswork EA FSpec. Please give me your suggestions.

Morosith

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Java Moss is a great go to for beginer. I’ve never had an aquarium it wouldn’t grow in. Plus with string (some people also use super glue) you can get it to grow on rock or driftwood in interesting ways.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Crypts, wisteria, Anubis, any of the ferns, Amazon sword plant. Tiger lotus might work. As for moss I strongly advise you to go with Christmas moss. It is far less invasive than java moss and in my opinion a better looking plant.

But you will need to feed them. The rooted plants really do better with tabs as well and liquid ferts. The ferns and moss should have liquid food.

Cherie G

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
HI Anna,
I have had the best luck with java fern and crypts. I have some vals that would be thriving if the snails would leave them alone! Time to get a trap or some assasins . If you are into it, live plants add so much to an aquarium and there are many options out there.

New Threads