Plant Suggestions Please!

BakedBrotatoes

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello!
I have a 20 gallon high tech tank and I'm trying to figure what would look best in my tank. I have one spot that looks kinda bare that I wanna fill but can't figure out what would look good in it.

Any suggestions on what to plant on my tank's right corner? The one by the black filter:

IMG_20190902_141139_009.jpg

Any plant suggestions in general to place anywhere is also appreciated!

OP
BakedBrotatoes

BakedBrotatoes

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I really like the look of bacopa. It's a stem plant and you can add it as a background plant.
I can see it, it'd match the other plants too. I like that idea.

I was gonna suggest bacopa as well they will fill that back corner nicely but if your running co2 then i would go with a red plant to fill that corner personally. Rotala, Ludwegia, Reineckii
Hmmm rotalas are super nice too. Gonna research them more!

OP
BakedBrotatoes

BakedBrotatoes

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was thinking maybe layering Lobelia cardinalis, Rotala indica and Jungle Vallisneria
I like your idea, I have jungle vallisnaria in the far left but it's so well hidden that I'm thinking of moving it to that spot.

How about rotala macrandra mini butterfly?
Omg they're gorgeous! I just looked them up and I really like it so far.

Looks like there is no algae in your tank. For some reason after I added a powerhead my tank is being overrun with algae and that's about a week
Hahaha ironically I was just thinking of getting a powerhead because of my algae situation! It's just not visible in the picture because I just cleaned it. I did just cut down on photo time though, I think it's helping.

OP
BakedBrotatoes

BakedBrotatoes

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I had to take a second look and sure enough there it was hiding back there.
Yeah it's not doing well since it's under all that. Shame, such a waste being hidden. It's gonna look so much better once I move it. You don't think it'd melt next to a filter though right?

Maybe I need to cut back too I'm thinking I'm gonna run 4 hours in the mornings and 3 hours in the evening. The algae on my Ludwigia Repens broadleaf can't come off no matter how I try
Yeah that's happening to me right now too, I just started clipping off leaves that have way too much algae. I heard they grow better after a trim.

Mickiemas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah it's not doing well since it's under all that. Shame, such a waste being hidden. It's gonna look so much better once I move it. You don't think it'd melt next to a filter though right?

Yeah that's happening to me right now too, I just started clipping off leaves that have way too much algae. I heard they grow better after a trim.
Yes they will grow faster but if u cut the stem not just pick off leaves. Mine grows very fast

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 10 19.6%

Top Bottom