Plant Scape Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Nano tank master, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Nano tank master

Nano tank master Valued Member Member

The picture beneath is a scape i want to attempt. I was wondering what plants are used if anyone knows. Thanks for any help.[​IMG]

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

I would love to help, but the pictures not showing up.

3. OP
    OP
    Nano tank master

Here's the picture. Sorry there's two now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
  4. A. Rozhin

A. Rozhin Valued Member Member

All those plants are good for low/med-light and low-tech, and I've grown them really easily with a cheap light and some flourish (no Excel or CO2).

Except...
    The ground cover is going to be hard.

You have a fairly level surface, the height coming from rocks. I would silicone-seal the rocks together. I would also think about some strategic "under rocks" to keep that slope in the back from flattening out.

It's the ground cover that will kick your butt. I've tried it in eco-complete and flourite, and no go. You may need to go capped dirted for that.

5. OP
    OP
    Nano tank master

Thankyou. I was wondering what plants were used though.

6. A. Rozhin

A couple of kinds of Jungle Val, Ludwigia rebens (sp), anacharis, water hyssop. I don't know the short bush-shaped ones on the lower left, but it look a little like java fern. No clue on the ground cover, as I've said, ground cover dies if I even glance at it.

7. OP
    OP
    Nano tank master

Thanks a load.

8. lilabug4545

lilabug4545 Well Known Member Member

I think I saw dwarf hairgrass as the groundcover, but low-level, normal, easy plants are typically what I stick to.

9. A. Rozhin

I find if you plant super-easy plants densely enough -- especially things like amazon sword with big low leaves -- you can actually hide the ground and simply TELL people you have ground cover, and even complain about how hard it is to maintain but how worth it is (you can, obviously, pick whatever ground cover your heart desires for this method).

10. lilabug4545

lilabug4545 Well Known Member Member

I know! Most of my presonal tanks aren't show tanks, so I've only really done this with friends', but I find that crypt parva looks good. Crypt parva always looks good.

11. A. Rozhin

Also, I don't get any kickbacks or anything, but aquarium plants factory is a great plant source. Really lush, clean plants, free shipping, and they are very knowledgable. They will respond to emails in detail, and their website is a great source of plant inf0, as they have it organized by lots of different criteria. I think the mods wouldn't like posting the link, but you can find it with a web search. I bought from them on ebay, then found they had a store, and that's where all my plants come from now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice