Plant Recovery

1. T

TombedOrchestra Valued Member Member

I have lots of hornwort and wisteria I recently purchased. The ends of the plants have slowly been turning brown over the past 5 days. I have a 55 gal and they were under two 15w flourescents.

BUT I just got the finnex planted 247 LED lights as well as began dosing with API Plant Grow liquid fert.

Will my plants brown spots recover now that I have the proper lighting and nutrients going in?

2. tetratetris

tetratetris Valued Member Member

To much lighting could maybe be the problem, it'd be a toasty plant. Also you don't really want to leave the lights on 24/7.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement

3. s

smee82 Well Known Member Member

The brown bits wont recover. Trim off any brown or rotten stems to stop it from spreading and replant whats left.

4. OP
    OP
    T

TombedOrchestra Valued Member Member

Nope, I don't do 24/7 lol... It's on the timer so it goes through the natural light cycle.

Sounds good, I'll trim the brown. However, I have all the wisteria and hornwort floating. So I guess I'll just trim and continue float?

5. musserump09

musserump09 Well Known Member Member

Hope this helps! Freshwater-Plant-Nutrient-Deficiency.jpg

6. tetratetris

tetratetris Valued Member Member

Ok good I did'nt mean that you did I had just said it to make sure, also because when you said the lights you said 24/7 although I thought this was just for the model I was just checking.

Good thing with the timer I have one on my ten gallon becuase i'd forget lol

Advertisement