Question Plant Recommendations For 55 Tall Tank

tjander

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just cleaned out my 55 tall and removed all of the java fern as it was just a mess and to be honest I was tired of it. Now I have a mostly empty tank and need some more plants.

I dose excel and flourish but am not doing CO2 and have no desire to go that way. PH is around 7 all other parameters 0 nitrates a bit high at 60 or so. TDS is 375. I would say that the amount of light at the substrate would be on the in the medium category.

I am currently successfullygrowing Anubias and a Vallisneria type grass. Had a bunch of Java fern as I mentioned before.

I am looking for a couple hardy middle ground plants that will help divide the tank up with a medium growth rate. I don’t have time to do a lot of aquaticscaping.

I have a couple different species of rainbows in the tank, as well as hatch fish, and a few minnows.

Thanks

kanzekatores

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Not sure if it being a tall rather than long means this stock won't work, but I've always wanted a semi-aggressive community setup with a ropefish pair, 4x bolivian rams, and tiger barb school. Only thing is Minnows and hatchets might go down fast with the ropefish in there.
ChilI rasboras love planted tanks so that could be another option.

OP
T

tjander

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Was actually looking for plants my fish stock is fine. but thanks anyway.

OP
T

tjander

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Humm that’s an idea... thanks

New Threads