Plant questions (am i doing it right?)

Unknown9182

I have a 10 gal pea puffer tank that is planted well. It had super red ludiwga which i recently propagated (yesterday) by cutting slightly below the roots at the stem Which seems to work because the cut off section is starting form a small cone, 3 amazon Sword plants, banana plant, 2 floating java moss balls, anubias on rock, and Marimo moss ball. For the amazon sword, i heard they get BIG, i think even 2 feet tall at max. I plan on moving all three into my 36 gal bow front community tank when they outgrow my 10 gal. I give them root tabs and they seem to react very well by growing faster (runner It sent out is growing leaves at a good rate) and showing more healthy green leaves. I trim off leaves that are ripped or are torn or are just really unhealthy looking. When i remove the swords i plan on propagating the ludwiga and having a wall of them in the back. My banana plant is growing very fast and i gave it a root tab (i got it from aquarium co-op), when i first bought it 2 leaves didn’t look good and fell off but 2 stayed on but slightly melted. Several days after i put it in the tank is sprouted a new leaf and its really good sized and its about to sprout another one. Java moss is showing lots of signs of new growth. I have 2 otos (were in my 36 gal) in the tank to clean up the leaves of brown algae. I know they need to school and i used to have 7 but they died for no reason and these 2 are the healthiest of the bunch. There is also a South American bumblebee catfish.
59C43211-A549-4752-BD42-3FEA4CAB2B27.jpeg
Am i doing everything right? Comments or questions or even tips are accepted.

Mudminnow

Your plants look healthy and you don't have any algae issues. Time will tell if you need to adjust anything. But, as it is now, it looks like you're doing things right.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GouramiGuy714
  • Question
Replies
Views
sonicthehedgehog
Replies
Views
ProudPapa