Plant Pricing Question

1. Cander

Cander Valued Member Member

So I’m wanting to buy aquarium plants for my 20 gallon. And I’ve watched and seen aquarium co ops plants. And seen they they all looked good. I’m wanting to order there plants but they average from 9-15 bucks is that about the average price for plants.

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

9-15 bucks is way to much for a non tissue cultured plant. I highly recommend looking in buceplant.com which is an awesome source for live plants. avergae price for bunchs of plant should be around 6. the only things you might see that should be a higher price, is anubis, bucephalandra, bolbitis, and Tissue cultured plants. I highy recommend tissue cultured plants, the more expensive price is worth it.

3. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

No. 3-5 bucks is average. It all depends on what you want. Check trinsfish.com

4. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

This is where I get my plants. 

5. OP
    OP
    Cander

Ok thx you guys

6. OP
    OP
    Cander

When you get ur plants they are all healthy

7. GuppyDazzle

GuppyDazzle Valued Member Member

I really like aquarium coop but their plant prices are a little steep. I also recommend aquariumplants.com. Very affordable, good quality.

8. Thunder_o_b

Yes. Here are some shots of our planted aquariums.
    The Madagascar lace plants were bulbs that had just started sprouting. The chain swords were two plants and now are starting to carpet the 44. The other plants are doing well. The red myrio along with other plants are from an earlier order. I have ordered from this company several times and all the plants were in excellent condition when they got here. Other companies I have ordered from (including Live Aquaria) the plants were all in poor shape. This one company sent an order that none of the plants were alive after a month.

Keep in mind that I have the proper lights and feed the plants well. That being said the plants were in great shape then they arrived. I am getting ready to place another order.

There are plants in these photos that have been around for a very long time, like the crypts and Anubis. The wisteria is from a plant that I got years ago.

1. The 150. Taken last week.
    _MG_8331-Edit.0.jpg

2. The 44. This photo is 2 weeks old. The chains have doubled since then. The ocelot is new also, as are the replends
    _MG_7934-Edit copy.0.jpg

3. From a 55. This was just a sprouting bulb a month ago.
    _MG_8178.0.jpg

4. The 37 guppy aquarium. These plants survived having the first 37 brake two weeks ago and being transferred to this aquarium.
    _MG_8311.0.jpg

9. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Fishlore VIP Member

Number four still freaks me out! It would seem everyone has wisteria but me. This will most definitely have to change! Your plants sound gorgeous!
    Question: are they snail free when you get them? I mean, I could always try to pick them off and throw them in with the comets. But then I’d feel bad.

10. Thunder_o_b

Thank you :)

Yes, snail free. The infestation I have are from plants from PetCo. Sending you a PM

11. Koiman

Koiman Valued Member Member

Try and go on aquabid. I know many people who sell for extremely cheap prices while others are priced around aquarium coop.

Before you buy from aquabid, make sure you look at the sellers rating and feedback. Generally, it is good to business with someone who has 92% or more positive feedback.

Also some members on the forum including myself sell plants at a pretty good price as well. I have yet to see a forum member asking for more than the plant is worth.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

I got my 2 plants, an Anubias Nana and a Java Fern Windelov, from PetSmart. They are both doing well and had no hitchhikers. They were $4.99 each. My Moss Ball I got on eBay for $2.99 and free shipping. I'm very leery of buying any living creatures online and usually the shipping cost is outrageous. Plants might be different.

13. Alex6455

Alex6455 Valued Member Member

Another great site to order from is H20 Plants. They have great customer service, fast shipping, and healthy plants. They also have a good rewards program. Would definitely also recommend BucePlant.