Plant Planting Tool.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Cruise, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Cruise

Cruise Valued Member Member

I was sure where to put this post, so I decided here.

I need some advice, I have an Aqua-one 620T tank, it’s a deep tank so it’s hard to plant new plants in the gravel substrate, and I have to use a step ladder to even attempt planting. I do have a plastic two pronged fork that I can use to try and put the plant in the gravel.

One of two things are going to happen, either I damage the roots pushing the plant in or I cut the plant in two trying to put it in 2-3 mm gravel substrate using too much force.

Any suggestions on something I can buy that would help me plant plants into this deep tank?

2. MTSRandy

MTSRandy Valued Member Member

Check ebay for aquarium plant tools. There are long neck scissors and tweezers that will help you out

3. OP
    OP
    Cruise

Cruise Valued Member Member

Thank you

4. ashenwelt

ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

Maybe long neck tweezers and a bent hair pin to grab and drag into the gravel to latch the roots. Both can make life a lot easier.

5. n

navarro1950 Valued Member Member

Amazon has quite a bit of tools . That's where I bought mine from. There is one website that has a set of aquascape tools that's 24'' but they really cost a lot . The tools work really well.

6. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

You're looking for aquascaping tools, they make your life 10x easier. Amazon has quite a few sets. Most of the tools are an inch or two short of a foot, I think.

7. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

They do take some time to master though. I still can't use mine effectively.

8. Yves

Yves Valued Member Member

I got the tweezers and scissors for aquascaping best money I ever spent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice