Plant Order Arrived Can't Plant Yet

Discussion in 'Plant Fertilizers' started by Fla442, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Fla442

Fla442Valued MemberMember

Just got my awesome plant order of 1 red rubin sword, 2 red crypt wendtii (and 1 bonus), and 2 anubias petite. I can't plant them in my tank until Sunday when I set up my new tank. I have them in a covered buckets with tank water for now. Anything else I should do?

2. ashenwelt

ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

I would use tank water and get them some light...

3. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Definitely light, they need it after a trip in darkness.

4. OP
    OP
    Fla442

I have a very nosey cat and I am afraid to leave them outside due to mosquitoes. I found a way maybe to keep my cat out with barricades. Using an old marineland led on top of the bucket. Can't wait to plant them! Also got my other shipment on wood today.[​IMG]

5. Mcasella

If you have an airstone/airpump you can put in the buckets mosquitos won't touch it, they need still water (my goldfish go to town on them, when they hatch in their pond, the water has movement but isn't roiling).

6. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Unfortunately I have no electric outlets outside. Just keeping them in a 5g bucket with an led over them. Gonna plant them on Sunday . I figure they'll be fine until then.

7. Mcasella

Just stir the surface a couple times a day (once in morning, once in evening) to prevent any buildup on the surface that might harm them, or go into the tank with them (though you could rinse them well to prevent the second half of that).

8. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Sorry completely forgot to mention that the bucket is in my basement with an led on top. I really didn't want to keep the plants outside and risks anything getting into the water.

9. APierce

APierceWell Known MemberMember

Maybe some window screen zip tied around the top of the bucket to keep the cat out?

10. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Very good idea, thank you! But I'm hopefully gonna start planting tomorrow.

11. OP
    OP
    Fla442

Got the tint on the back. Getting so close just need 3 more pieces of wood soak more. I've been changing the water with hot water daily for 1 week on one 1 medium sized piece and 2 smaller pieces and they are sinking. I just started soaking the other three in hot water 2 days ago. Trying to be patient but this is the best time to set up the tank. Maybe I might try to add more hot water tonight. I already changed the water this morning. 96399cf2458c4e050d892bdfd8a23521.jpg .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice