Plant lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Ethan, Jan 7, 2013.

1. EthanWell Known MemberMember

alright light nerds :D. i bought a 29g awhile back and it came with a coralife trichromatic 6500k/full spectrum f18-T8-BP
    is there anything i could buy to upgrade it. it probably is no good but i have literally no clue what i am doing as far as lights go. so please school me :(

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

are you asking if there is a bulb you can buy or a whole new fixture? there really is not a diff bulb that will make a difference. if your talking bout a new fixture we need to know tank size and if you want high light, lots of ferts and co2. or just a low light easy setup.

3. EthanWell Known MemberMember

i would like high lights but no co2 i just don't trust it. and the tank is a 29g. i just want my plants to thrive

4. escapayWell Known MemberMember

I'm 99.9% sure if you have high lights, then you must have CO2 added. Moderate lights = not fully necessary to add CO2.

5. EthanWell Known MemberMember

moderate lights are still better than low so yeah that sounds decent

6. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

i have had co2 running on 3 diff tanks and never lost fish because of it. with med light you might get algae and at lest have to add some seachem excel.

this light will give you med light...

7. EthanWell Known MemberMember

is co2 time consuming i just don't know much about it and the horror stories stand out like with everything elses horror stories

8. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

co2 is a expensive initial investment but after that its easy as can be. once you have it all hooked up all you have to do is take the tank to be filled every 2 months or so. you put it on a timer and it goes on in the morning and off at night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice