Plant issue

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by brodylane1122, Dec 18, 2012.

1. brodylane1122

brodylane1122 Well Known Member Member

So my anubias nana just started to develop brown spots. Not diatoms or algae but actually on the leaf. The rhizome is between two pieces of driftwood, but has flowing water around it. Could it be just because the rhizome is not getting direct light? I've read that anubias can grow without receiving direct light to the rhizome, but grew slower. I also have my lights on for about 10-11 hours a day. Could it be too much light? Burn? I'm going to reduce lights to 8 hours starting tomorrow.

I do add ferts so I don't think its a deficiency, as it did just fine before I moved it around in the tank without ferts.

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Posting a picture would help.

How is the rhizome? Is it mushing? Some of my rhizomes don't get any light and they are fine.

3. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

What do you mean by mushing?

Here is a picture. You can barely see the spots. They actually look a little more yellow than brown.

anubias.jpg

Also, I have an anubias hastofilia that is doing just fine in the tank.

4. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Mushy would be is the rhizome going soft.

Is it just the one leaf? I'd cut it off.

5. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

It's a few of the top leaves, but the highest leaf is the worst. It's also the oldest leaf.

6. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds like too much light. The closer to the lights the more damage. Find a way to give the plant some shading.

7. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

Ok, I have the option of moving the light closest too it over a little bit, so I can do that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice