Plant IDs

mimo91088
Can I get a couple plant IDs please? I'd ask the guy who sent them but considering he won't respond about the 90% DOA rate on the fish, I figure the plants are a long shot lol.
From my googling I think the first one might be najas/guppy grass. 2nd one has me stumped.

20210511_183316.jpg

20210511_183346.jpg

wateriswet
The first one looks like some variety of sword that's putting out babies on it's center stalk.

The second might be water sprite or Indian lace.

Sorry about your fish!

JLAquatics
Second one looks like Limnophila Heterophylla or a similar plant such as Limnophila Sessiliflora. Not sure exactly which one though. Here is some of mine.

0510211426b.jpg

JettsPapa
The first one might be crypts.

mimo91088
They're all chained together on what looks to me to be more of a stem than a runner which is why I doubted swords or crypts on that one. Both plants are currently floating and not seeming to mind so far.

JLAquatics said:
Second one looks like Limnophila Heterophylla or a similar plant such as Limnophila Sessiliflora. Not sure exactly which one though. Here is some of mine.

0510211426b.jpg
That does look pretty close, I'll research more into that. Thanks!

JettsPapa
mimo91088 said:
They're all chained together on what looks to me to be more of a stem than a runner which is why I doubted swords or crypts on that one. Both plants are currently floating and not seeming to mind so far.
Then they probably are swords. The ozelot sword in my 20 long sends out stems above the water with multiple nodes (see My Ozelot Sword seems happy | Aquarium Plants Forum | 482455). Each node will produce multiple flowers, each one about 3/4" or a little larger in diameter. When it gets close to finishing blooming each node will start to produce leaves, and then roots. They can then be separated and planted.

mimo91088
I'll have to seperate one and plant it to see what happens I guess!

Top Bottom