Plant Identification And Diagnosis...

Faytaya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi again,
Thanks all so much for their help. Now I'm asking for a friend. I need help identifying a plant, and possibly a diagnosis for what could be wrong with it as well as a solution. This plant, when healthy, has purple oval leaves which fade to green at their stems. It is still alive, but is gnarled, emaciated, and stringy. It can't be a nitrogen deficiency, nitrates read close to 20 on last check. I have a hunch it is some kind of deficiency but I'm too amateur to know which one or ones were dealing with. I have a photo below. Any advice is greatly appreciated. ~desu~
20190719_124025.jpg

Chanyi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some sort of Rotala.

Rundundifolia, H'ra, could be macrandra 'narrow leaf'

From what I can tell in the picture is likely CO2 deprived and nutrient deprived on top of algae covered.

What are you dosing? How much? Tank dimensions? Exact light? Time lights are on? CO2 or not? Water change source + schedule? Filter and tank cleaning frequency?

Faytaya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Some sort of Rotala.

Rundundifolia, H'ra, could be macrandra 'narrow leaf'

From what I can tell in the picture is likely CO2 deprived and nutrient deprived on top of algae covered.

What are you dosing? How much? Tank dimensions? Exact light? Time lights are on? CO2 or not? Water change source + schedule? Filter and tank cleaning frequency?
I use flourish and it requires a cap full I dont do it consistently like is required. I have a 20gal and I turn the lights off when I go to bed at night they get about 11 to 12 hrs of light. I have a light designed for plants. No co2 pump i dont change the water frequently I have a filter not sure on what kind it is.

I let my friend post the above reply. She is running a 20 gallon tank with this HOB filter:
15635569235663894828141909802466.jpg

She changes the water around 1x per month, no light timer. She gets spring water for her water changes as the tap is too hard for the fish she keeps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 33 64.7%

Top Bottom