Plant ID

atmmachine816

first one, if it's the circled one it looks like a dieing Amazon sword, though hard to tell with the pic. go to plantgeek look up common amazon sword, the one that gets huge and see if it has the same pattern on the leaf as yours

second, red looks like banana plant, green looks like a crpyt and can't tell about the one next to the supposed crypt

Third as in post

fourth looks like moneywort, if so will die and rot if not in at least medium light

Anybody feel free to give your opinion

Tom

The first one I know isn't a common amazon sword because it has stayed that size or gotten a little bigger since I got it a year ago. And I checked plantgeek for the others and couldn't find anything.
Tom

atmmachine816

Are you sure, I bought an amazon sword and it went through a die-out faze, sent out baby plants, and hasn't grown much at all and I've had it half a year and looks just like yours. They perfer high light and co2 to grow well.

Tom

The leaves/stems/root system are also completly different from the amazon swords at the back of the tank. The leaves on the smaller one are harder/stiffer, a redish in color, long single strand roots, a 1/4-1/2" stem and then an egg shaped leaf. While the larger one has soft flexable solid green leaves, a bundle of small short roots and knife shaped leaves. By soft or hard leaves, I mean to the touch. Those are the only characteristics that I can determine being a non-(insert plant expert title).
Tom

atmmachine816

hmm. ok well I can't say for sure though I know the amazon swords mine produced look none like what it is now, we'l see what somebody else says. If you want I can post it on plantgeek sometime.

Tom

I have also checked under the plant because a few months ago it was under the direct current of the filter so I had to move it since it was dieing. So, no reproductions. That is a great idea, I'm surprise I didn't think of that.
Tom

Butterfly

The first looks like a red melon sword- , looks to be buried a bit deep. after planting give a little tug to get the plant right at the top of the substrate but the roots buried. also has other special requirements. see the article above.
2) Is Nymphoides "taiwan" - I have some and love it. Although more boisterous fish will break it easily.
The second plant in that tank looks to be a crypt of some kind.
3) This looks like the Anubias in front of the sword-https://www.plant geek/plantguide_viewer.php?id=15
4) I believe this is indeed moneywort, but moneywort IS an aquatic plant-
Carol

Tom

The red melon sword looks right and the moneywort also looks right but the others don't look anything like the plants I have. The nymphoides "taiwan" is just a banana plant that I took a bad pic of. Thanks any ways, I'll keep looking to try and find them.
Tom

Top Bottom