Plant ID

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Landos, Jun 16, 2016.

1. L

Landos Well Known Member Member

Hi,

I received this plant a few months ago and never got a name. I really like it, and want to research the best conditions and ferts for it. I started noticing a lot of growth this past week, and it looks like another plant is growing from it as well.
    I have seachem root tabs, and I dose excel and iron daily, and potassium twice a week. It's a 75gal, am currently using 2 54watt 6500k t5ho bulbs. Thanks![​IMG]

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Isn't there a red-leaved variety of Lobelia cardinalis? I know that it can be grown submerged but for some reason I've never seen the red variety grown that way:;dk

3. OP
    OP
    L

I have no idea, I am very new to fishkeeping and even newer when it comes to planted tanks. The store I bought it from didnt have sale sign on the plant and the owner didnt want to sell it to me. Sounded mysterious, he said all he could do is cut a stem from the one he had (he only had one)
    Not sure what it is, but I really like it, and some leaves are light pink

4. aniroc

aniroc Well Known Member Member

Alternanthera reineckii purple

5. OP
    OP
    L

Think you nailed it!! Thanks everyone!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice