Plant Id Help.

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by taylorguillemette, Apr 21, 2018.

1. taylorguillemetteNew MemberMember

IMG_7010.JPG

Rescaping my 10 gallon and bought a variety pack of plants. I see swords on the bottom and hornwort in the middle, but that’s all I got! Any help and tips appreciated. Thanks!

2. ZiggythecatValued MemberMember

Do u remember buying elodia??

Idk much about plants

3. taylorguillemetteNew MemberMember

It didn’t list plants specifically. Just said “30 total stems, 8 different varieties” or something like that. 3rd one down looks like that though. Thanks

4. ZiggythecatValued MemberMember

I have no idea about the others.
    I have amazon swords but that’s it

5. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Top two are amazon sword, last is anubias. 2nd to last might be a crypt. Then there's some rotala, ludwigia, horn wort (bushy one). Not too sure what the frilly one is.

6. anirocWell Known MemberMember

No Anubias. The last one is another sword. Before the crypt is Cabomba.

7. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

2 amazon sword
    ludwigia repens
    ancharis
    I want to say creeping jenny?
    hornwort
    ludwigia (narrow leaf?)
    green cabomba
    crypt (likely bronze)
    melon sword

8. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

No matter how I look at it, the last one appears to be an anubias.

OP, is it stiffer then the other plants, almost as though it were fake? Does it keep its shape when out of water rather then being all droopy like the other plants? If so, then it is an anubias, I'd guess anubias barteri of some variety.

9. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

The roots and crown are consistent with a sword, not the rhizome of an anubias.

10. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Looking along the lower stems of the leaves you can see the left over “skin/husk” from where the younger leaves grew. Not all anubias gave long rhizomes, many young cuttings are more compact. This is especially true for cutting that have been in pots.

I suppose we’d need a petter picture of that plant alone but I still say anubias.

11. anirocWell Known MemberMember

It is the veins of the leaf...Anubias has one median vein with little ones that start from the main and ends to the edge of the leaf, kind of "feather" called "pinnate venation".
    Swords have one main vein and two (one on each side) or sometimes four (two on each side) that are curved. All three (or five) main veins start at the end on the petiole and end at the tip of the leaf.

12. Jocelyn AdelmanFishlore VIPMember

Would help to see all in tank, would change @Mcasella by one... looks like the “narrow ludwigia” is a rotala (one of the rotundifolia types, possibly colorata, h’ra, etc

13. Dice502New MemberMember

I believe the plant considered to be narrow leaf ludwigia (between the hornwort and cabomba) is Alteranthera Reineckii. I have some, it's beautiful With good nutrients and high light it turns a really deep pink.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice