Plant Growth Experiment

Bruxes and Bubbles

I just made a little plant growing box. Soil topped with play sand with (osmocote?) tabs at the bottom. Used my pond water. It's outside in a shady spot in the flowerbed.

Going to see if the plants grow, and if they do, how well they grow.

Plants:
Java moss
Java fern
Rosette sword
Melon or rosette sword

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Going to do weekly updates.

Bettanewb

Looking forward to updates

Jocelyn Adelman

Looking forward to hearing about the journey!

Bruxes and Bubbles

It's working on this plant!
And my duckweed is propogating! I think the Java moss grew too!

Before:

image.jpg

After:

image.jpg

Other plants:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Prism

I've never had much success with live plants, do you have any tips on growing them?
I've had success with a plant on my driftwood, and my bamboo. My goldfish killed my driftwood plant.

Nice job with the plants.

Bruxes and Bubbles

I've never had much success with live plants, do you have any tips on growing them?
I've had success with a plant on my driftwood, and my bamboo. My goldfish killed my driftwood plant.

Nice job with the plants.

I'm a bit new to the whole thing, tbh. Good lighting and fertilizers help, as well as only having beginner (low light) plants.

I found most things tend to grow the best outdoors. I have this little 'basket' in my pond for growing some other plants and it works pretty well.
image.jpg

Your best bet with goldfish are going to be things that either taste awful, are indestructible, or grow fast enough to combat their appetites.

Try Anubias, anacharis, duckweed, and parrot's feather (if that one is legal where you are).

Bruxes and Bubbles

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PurityNWhiteRoses
Replies
Views
Jocelyn Adelman