Plant Free Tank - Any Suggestions?

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am wanting to set up a tank which is all pebbles, perhaps some leaf litter and wood, probably root.

Any ideas what fish would do well in there or what fish would be closest to it's natural habitat in a tank like this?

My light on the tank isn't great for plants so they literally mush after a while. I will likely put a few anubis in but don't think much else would survive. I really don't want to have any fake ones in there, I hate them

16 gallon - 2ft long - PH 7.2-4

Thanks

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
@Baba has a setup somewhat like this, but has some plants.
You can easily create a tank without plants, I have done it, didn’t like it a ton, but it’s still a nice idea.

You could try iwagumi biomes, just without moss.

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fanatic, I will have a look now. I do love plants and have 2 very heavily planted tanks for my Betta Boys but in this tank it really seems hopeless for some reason. They die so quick and make a right mess. It's a shame its too small for some breeds of ciclid really as that would be the best option

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh wow they're cute Do you know what they are called so I can have a little research please

Great - thank you - you said before I asked LOL Thank you

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Crapapples said:
Was thinking something like this perhaps? but if there is other options, would love to hear them as I am banging my head against a wall
Maybe do a crayfish tank. I think some vanilla white crayfish would be cool. or do some albino cory cats with with some other fish.

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Theyre really cute to Zentuckyfriendchicken! Seems there are a lot more options that originally thought.

Yes, I do love crayfish and always held off because of the fish I have had. They are also worth considering.

Certainly gives me hope that there is something the tank can accommodate.

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
That does sound nice actually I love tetra and always looked at hatchets but never had any, they look cool they way they hang about the top

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Crapapples said:
That does sound nice actually I love tetra and always looked at hatchets but never had any, they look cool they way they hang about the top
With a tight fitting lid, they make quite an impact.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom