Plant/Fish Shops Online (Reviews)

Addictedtobettas

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a few planted tanks (7 at the moment) and have ended up getting most of my plants for the tanks online, these are my opinions based on my experiences only. Some fish/invert purchases as well.

Will buy from again:

Aquatic Arts (aquaticarts.com) - not as fancy packing as some but the plants are super happy and healthy, so are their fish/inverts! They do only 1-2 day shipping for fish, and have been excellent as far as customer service.

Aquarium Plants Factory (aquariumplantsfactory.com) - Some amazing and unique plants, great deals like free shipping and buy 2 get 1 free. Been a bit iffy on the inverts I've purchased from them, but overall decent for more than just plants.

Dustins Fishtanks (dustinsfishtanks.com) - Healthy, mostly happy plants so far from Dustins, I will be ordering again (and soon) in spite of my max plant capacity at the moment. Great customer service. And one of the most BEAUTIFUL Anubias I have ever purchased, online or in store - I'm looking forward to adding more from Dustins.

Aquarium Coop (Aquariumcoop.com - a west coast fav) - Plant selection is limited but quality is excellent, they ship within a day or two of placing the order typically and it arrives in speedy fashion. I wish they still sold fish online, their fish in store (Edmonds, WA) are wonderful to watch and have been very happy in my tanks.

Will NOT buy from again:

Buce Plant (buceplant.com) - These folks were my #1 plant shop online for a while but after the new year something changed and it all went downhill. Out of the 15-20 plants I bought in 2020 and $200+ spent I think I have.. 1 plant from those orders still alive. All of my anubias from them, and only them, got rot and died within 3-4 weeks. I recently decided to try again and out of 4 separate plants ordered, all are dead within the week - 2 arrived nearly dead.
Their customer service is abysmal - if the plant isn't dead on arrival they don't care, so sickly, rotting plants aren't their concern.

Aquarium Plants (Aquariumplants.com) - Their customer service is fine, but my original purchase was sub par and there are simply better shops to purchase from without the hassle of rotting plants and funk on arrival.
I may give them another try down the line.

The Endler Shop (endlers1.com) - They ship via USPS and don't require a signature of delivery. Meaning fish will sit in the cold or heat with USPS and may not make it. If you don't catch USPS leaving the fish to die, Endler Shop will not honor the DOA guarantee.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have only bought from Fishlore Buy/sell/trade/free. Although you may get hitchhikers I find it better to buy from fellow fishlorians. If they have what you are looking for.

OP
Addictedtobettas

Addictedtobettas

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
StarGirl15 said:
I have only bought from Fishlore Buy/sell/trade/free. Although you may get hitchhikers I find it better to buy from fellow fishlorians. If they have what you are looking for.
Agreed. I've only gotten used to the marketplace on here in the past month or two - have had some great experiences though!

There aren't many hitchhikers that could be worse than what comes on any plants/fish from commercial stores. Unfortunately had more experience with that than is desirable.

KribensisLover1

Well Known
Reaction score
I got from live aquaria and the prices were so low and the fish came quickly and safely and are doing well! And the customer service was amazing. I had a perfect experience. and instead of $100 or around there on 2 other sites it was $50.

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I your in the UK i think the best site is "ProShrimpUk"

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aquarium coop is awesome! If I didn't live 3000 miles away I'd visit the store all the time. I've gotten many many plants from them. Never had any issues. I've also gotten a lot of ferts and other dry goods them them. Usually they have a pretty nice selection of plants. with the covid-19 going on they've been pretty limited though.

OP
Addictedtobettas

Addictedtobettas

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KribensisLover1 said:
I got from live aquaria and the prices were so low and the fish came quickly and safely and are doing well! And the customer service was amazing. I had a perfect experience. and instead of $100 or around there on 2 other sites it was $50.
That’s good to know! I was contemplating plecos from there recently. Kinda hoping I can get to wetspot or aquariumcoop in June to see what they have in person first.

Mike1995 said:
Aquarium coop is awesome! If I didn't live 3000 miles away I'd visit the store all the time. I've gotten many many plants from them. Never had any issues. I've also gotten a lot of ferts and other dry goods them them. Usually they have a pretty nice selection of plants. with the covid-19 going on they've been pretty limited though.
Their plants have done great for me too! Ones I bought online and in store. I actually bought some plants from their store just hoping I could get some of their snails in the plant tanks to hitchhike home with me. (Beautiful snails too)

Selection has been quite limited recently but I did snag a couple plants that are doing well.

New Threads