Plant Fertilizer Question

Amber818

I’ve been using Thrive shrimp specific fertilizer for my shrimp tank. I’m creating a tank that will only house 1 Pufferfish but it will be planted as well. Does Thrive Shrimp specific have enough nutrients and what not to benefit this tank with no shrimp? Basically is the regular Thrive “better” in that it contains more beneficial nutrients.

Rye3434

It will be fine, it's not a huge difference between the two to warrant another purchase imo

StarGirl

It will be fine. I use the Thrive C in my shrimp tank. So when the shrimp kind is gone you could use C in both. I think the regular Thrive is for high tech Co2 tanks. Could be wrong on that though. :)

Rye3434

I think the regular Thrive is for high tech Co2 tanks. Could be wrong on that though. :)
Not necessarily, you can always just use lower doses but my mom uses it on her low tech 4 gallon with low light and just floaters

RayClem

As invertebrates, shrimp are quite sensitive to certain trace minerals such as copper. Thus, Thrive S is designed to be free of copper. They will still get the copper they need from other sources such as food, but not enough to be harmful.

Thrive C is designed for low tech tanks It does have trace levels of copper. It also has more nitrogen, so if you have fast growing plants and your tank does not have sufficient nitrates from fish waste, the Thrive C might be a better choice.

Thrive Plus is a more concentrated version of Thrive C. It would be best for high-tech tanks with high lighting and CO2 injection to provide rapid plant growth. It is not needed for low tech tanks.

Amber818

As invertebrates, shrimp are quite sensitive to certain trace minerals such as copper. Thus, Thrive S is designed to be free of copper. They will still get the copper they need from other sources such as food, but not enough to be harmful.

Thrive C is designed for low tech tanks It does have trace levels of copper. It also has more nitrogen, so if you have fast growing plants and your tank does not have sufficient nitrates from fish waste, the Thrive C might be a better choice.

Thrive Plus is a more concentrated version of Thrive C. It would be best for high-tech tanks with high lighting and CO2 injection to provide rapid plant growth. It is not needed for low tech tanks.
Do you think Thrive S would be sufficient for my puffer tank or should I purchase another one? My shrimp tank and my new tank are low tech

RayClem

Do you think Thrive S would be sufficient for my puffer tank or should I purchase another one? My shrimp tank and my new tank are low tech
It is your choice. If you are planning to keep a tank for shrimp, you can keep the Thrive S for that tank and then purchase something like Thrive C for the puffer tank. However, there is no reason you cannot use the Thrive S for both tanks if you do not wish to spend money on another bottle. Just remember that a fertilizer with higher concentration may be less expensive in the long run as less will be needed to achieve the desired effect.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
YellowGuppy
  • Question
Replies
Views
BruinAquatics
Replies
Views
-Mak-