Plant Dip??

tum0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I just purchased an amazon sword and bacopa from my LFS, I do not have any methods for properly quarantining them, I need to a method of "dipping" the plants so they are free of snails. I know bleach dips are a thing, what is the correct ratio that will properly kill snails but also not harm the plants and for how long should it be dipped? What is the full correct procedure for this? I'm in a bit of a rush too, so any immediate help that can be provided is hugely appreciated!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Usually, it's 10 parts water, one part bleach.
I just use a gallon of water and a teaspoon of bleach. Dip them in, and rinse in treated water.

tum0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Fanatic said:
Usually, it's 10 parts water, one part bleach.
I just use a gallon of water and a teaspoon of bleach. Dip them in, and rinse in treated water.
You're certain it's 10:1 for the bleach? I keep running into people saying to do 19:1

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would do a hydrogen peroxide dip instead. this is a bit less hard on the plants. I normally do a 1/8. However, this won't affect the eggs very well. The only way to avoid snails in the aquarium is to buy tissue cultured plants. Even if you quarantine plants for 3 weeks and watch for snails you can get them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom