Plant Bubbles?

Cody

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,508
Reaction score
447
Location
Wisconsin, US
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey all!

I’ve noticed several times now that my Jungle Val will have a steady stream of micro bubbles coming from the tip of the plant.

Anyone else ever seen this and what the heck is happening?
 

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,680
Reaction score
9,409
Location
Rhode Island USA
Experience
Just started
Is it right atfer a water cjange or just random times of the day after the lights have been on a few hours? Plants will "pearl" under good conditions. Not 100% why they do it I forget why I know I read it somewhere. Also are you using co2? that will make plants Pearl as well.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
Cody

Cody

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,508
Reaction score
447
Location
Wisconsin, US
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
Is it right atfer a water cjange or just random times of the day after the lights have been on a few hours? Plants will "pearl" under good conditions. Not 100% why they do it I forget why I know I read it somewhere. Also are you using co2? that will make plants Pearl as well.
All of the other times it was after water change but this time was randomly.

But today I tried a different setup with my lighting and had my lighting more intense from 11-2 than normal.

So it does sound like pearling.

Also no Co2 use.
 

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,680
Reaction score
9,409
Location
Rhode Island USA
Experience
Just started
Cody said:
All of the other times it was after water change but this time was randomly.

But today I tried a different setup with my lighting and had my lighting more intense from 11-2 than normal.

So it does sound like pearling.

Also no Co2 use.
quite possible I think.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
Cody

Cody

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,508
Reaction score
447
Location
Wisconsin, US
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
quite possible I think.
It’s pretty cool to see the effects of a lighting tweak!
 

Gel0city

Well Known
Member
Messages
714
Reaction score
745
Experience
3 years
Cody said:
Hey all!

I’ve noticed several times now that my Jungle Val will have a steady stream of micro bubbles coming from the tip of the plant.

Anyone else ever seen this and what the heck is happening?
I've heard that bubbles coming from the plants mean that it is "pearling" not necessarily a bad sign.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
161
Guests online
2,613
Total visitors
2,774

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom