Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuMom

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you have live plants in your tank, what are you using as an anchor under the substrate? I already have the fishing line. It's a 5 Gal. Betta tank with ghost shrimp and a couple snails.

TIA!

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Most plants have roots that go under the substrate or attach to objects to hold them in place. They shouldn't need anchors.

Mosses and the like can be tied with string or fishing line, sandwiched under netting or mesh, or affixed with gel superglue.

Propagated stem plants that haven't yet developed roots can be weighted with plant anchors until they grow.

What are you looking to plant?

RyuMom

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Most plants have roots that go under the substrate or attach to objects to hold them in place. They shouldn't need anchors.

Mosses and the like can be tied with string or fishing line, sandwiched under netting or mesh, or affixed with gel superglue.

Propagated stem plants that haven't yet developed roots can be weighted with plant anchors until they grow.

What are you looking to plant?
Basically stuff that doesn't have enough of a root system yet. Your response really helps me though. Thank you.

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I know that challenge! Darn plants kept floating up no matter what I did because their roots weren't developed enough to hold them down. I let most of them float until their roots grew a bit, then it was easier. Some I held down with rocks until they anchored themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 58 64.4%

Top Bottom