Question Plant/algae Issues

Jhiggins7

Reaction score
Alright sooo I have some concerns for my plants in my tank.
Picture 1 is what I assume to b brown algae. I have read that you just have to wipe it off and that’s that, but I do have a heavily planed tank and that may take some time. So I was wondering if here is another way I could do this or something quicker since it is all over my tank right now.

Picture 2, my leaves are doing some weird stuff, and it’s not just towards the bottom of the plant but through all parts of it. What is it? Is it melting back, is the algae affecting it, do I need to cut some of my plants back a lot? Any help with these would be incredibly helpful

The stock is 3 otos 3 guppies
H2O readings Ph 7.2-7.6, NO2- 0, NO3- 0-5, NH3\4 0-.25( I did just add a new guppy so I was expecting a small spike in my ammonia)

06328BA5-8A5B-410D-A337-FD0CDCC952BD.jpeg

502C964D-1C25-41E4-B89C-AED6175FEBAA.jpeg

mlash

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I had the problem with the brown algae a couple of months after I started my tank. I was told that it would eventually go away and it did (the plants started competing for the nutrients). Also the holes in your plants may be a nutrient problem. If they are yellowing and getting holes in the leaves it might be a iron and/or potassium deficiency.

I'm just learning myself so I hope this helps.

Jhiggins7

Reaction score
Yeah I hadn’t thought of that before to be completely honest, but they just go clear no yellow or any other signs. I dunno I bought some ferts for them so we will see how it goes. Also I just started to cut anything out that has the brown on it, there’s so much there to begin with I can afford it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom