Planning trip to Georgia aquarium

• Thread starter FLGirl
  • Start date

FLGirl

Well Known
HI yall,

I'm planning to a trip to the Georgia Aquarium this year. Does anyone have any tips for tickets, good times etc? The ticket recommendations they gave me were Premium Plus Pass, Behind The Scenes Tours, & Quick Dip Combo. I wouldn't mind going more than just one day and I want to experience as much as I can. I'm still looking around but just thought Id ask if you guys have any tips in planning a trip. I live in Florida right now so Id be staying in Georgia a few nights at least, I might be able to stay with someone to save the price of lodging but haven't decided yet.

sarahphim1

My hubby and I went to Atlanta for our one year anniversary and took a trip to the aquarium. We bought our tickets online which I would definitely recommend. If you don't, you have to wait in this huge long line outside of the building for quite a while. We went through the whole thing in under 2 hours although we didn't have a behind the scenes pass and all that. It was definitely a neat place and I loved it! My hubby isn't into that as much so I didn't want to keep him there that long for fear he would die of boredom lol. Some of the hotels do packaged deals where they actually have rides and tickets to the aquarium and the botanical gardens and things like that. Parking in Atlanta is horrible so if you are staying at a hotel, ask about their parking arrangements. The one we stayed at had its own parking garage but we had to pay extra to use it. There's lots to see in Atlanta and I hope you have fun!

FLGirl

Well Known
Thanks so much, I was considering doing something behind the scenes too. I might need to go by myself as I can spend an insane amount of time looking at every idividual thing there is to see... drool lol I'm trying to plan ahead... Iv been wanting to go for a long time but never have.

vanilla.exe

Good luck! After I move to FL and get a job and get all settled in, I'd love to go there.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
The behind the scenes tour is amazing. It is definitely worth the extra expense IMO.

Keithrils

Say hI to the whale sharks for me.

Landozer18

Well Known
HERES A GREAT TIP! TAKE PICTURES(if allowed) AND SHARE I'm
I want to go but its a little ways away

FLGirl

Well Known
harpua2002 said:
The behind the scenes tour is amazing. It is definitely worth the extra expense IMO.
Thanks, I was thinking of doing that.

Thanks everyone, it's really exciting...I can hardly wait!

Landozer18

Well Known
jealous

ZeeZ

Well Known
If you take the behind the.scenes route, you can "borrow" one of their fish at a "five-fingered discount".

Top Bottom