Planning My 55 Or 60 Set Up

rhone

Reaction score
I'm going to be upgrading our 20L in about 2 months; we're in the middle of a major kitchen/LR remodel, and we'll rehome our aquarium location to one of the living room walls. Anyway, since I have some time to think about all of the pieces, I thought I'd share here and hopefully get some feedback as I plan this out. Interested in standard 55 or 60g because of the length/width dimensions.

The stocking will likely be primarily ~3 types of tetras for now (neon, serpae, and black skirt) and several mystery snails. lightly planted. Open to add 1 other species that's a bit larger.

Really important goal: Looking for relatively easy set up...i'm in to over filtering, hardy fish, uncomplicated...

Setup:
Tank: TBD, probably 55 or 60g, but going acrylic
Filter: Fluval FX4
Heater: Aqueon Pro 200?
Stand? I need some help. Don't want to look cheap. Are there any nice stands, modern look, with canopy?
Lighting: Not sure here, either. Does a modular 48" LED bar fit in one of the canopies?
Am I missing anything?

Thanks everyone. Should be fun.

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Air stones are very nice... Are you doing planted? BTW check out kingdom serpaes! If you get a centerpiece fish, I'd leave out the serpaes - they're terrible nippers!

rhone

Reaction score
Thanks, and will check them out! We are doing planted, but not a lot. We have a four year old, too, and he's in to the large sunken ship idea, so I think we'll put an air stone under the ship so the bubbles come from there.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom