Planning a 65 gallon tank - What should I put with Tiger Barbs?

KDS

I have decided to get a 65 gallon tank for the living room and for the first time I am going to try to keep Tiger Barbs. I was thinking a school of 6. I'd like to get a school of 6 Odessa Barbs as well as a school of 6 JuliI Corys. I think I have room for a few more fish. What would you suggest?

I could also get rid of the Odessa Barbs and go with something else. Thinking about a big school of Serpae Tetras. Tell me what you would do. Thanks!

Nikita

From what many have experienced, Tiger Barbs aren't the greatest of community tank-mates. There are very few fish that have been successfully kept with Tigers Barbs like Serpae Tetra, Rainbow Sharks, Redtail Sharks, Some large aggressive Cichlids, and other varieties of Tiger Barbs.

asteele19

I would up your tiger barbs to 10. they get along with other fish better when their numbers are higher. You could throw some cardinal tetras, or some black neon tetras. Fish that are quick, agile, and do not have long fins generally work with tiger barbs.

I'm planning on putting some gold/cherry barbs with mine

KDS

I think I am going to go with 10 tiger barbs, 10 serpae tetras, 7 Odessa barbs and a red tailed shark.

AJ59690

I have 6 tiger barbs(3 normal, 3 green), in with cherry barbs, odessa barbs, peppered cory, a BN & sailfin pleco, a Kribs, a red tailed shark, cigar sharks(being sold) & 4 different gouramis and mine are fine. They don't bother anyone apart from each other as they are trying to breed (not so good when you only have 2 female and 4 males).

131994-dsc05442-800x532-tiger-barbs.jpg

131993-dsc05437-800x532-mixed-green-tiger-normal-tiger-odessa-barbs.jpg

KDS

I have decided against the 65 gallon tank and will probably do a barb tank in my 55 once I get my 150. Thinking of adding a krib to the mix. Sounds like a cool fish. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
60 Gallon Tank Stocking Juwel Rio 240
Replies
Views
KeenAquarist
  • Question
Replies
Views
N13
  • Question
Replies