Planet/Roman god(dess) betta names

How many of us have a betta(male or female) that has the same name as above?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Want one

• Never

• Total voters

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
In my parents house. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Experience
More than 10 years
I was wondering because I had read a post earlier about someone naming their new betta Jupiter(God of all gods), and I know that Skippi's betta is Neptune(God of seas) and I am thinking of naming my new female Mercury(Winged Messenger) because she is really fast and swims back and forth between my ram and clown loach.
Tom

Sparkling Diamonds

Reaction score
I've got a male betta named Helios. He's golden and reminds me of the sun. ;D

O'course, I believe that's greek, but whatever.. lol who's looking at technicaliities?

And i've got another unnamed betta who's going to be named after a god too, i'm jsut not sure which one yet... lol

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea, ancient mythology has a lot of great betta names. I guess we're hooked on pop culture with the names our bettas & other fish get.

OP
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
In my parents house. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Experience
More than 10 years
I like naming fish based on their characteristics, like one of my dwarf loaches in the 28, Sid the Monkey, who always is acting like a little monkey. The other 3 dwarfs ion the 36 are always doing a syncronised act together, hence the name preformers but the Uno, Dos, Tres was just because I had counted them after wacthing a show that lots of Spanish in it(just one of those moods). And the rummy-nose tetras because they are all over the place like those pesky ducks. The skunk loach because it's brother was the good one and it is a little brat, hence Yang. Then there are my angels and my yoyo loach, the angels are named after their looks and the same with the yoyo loach.
Tom

PrayforMojo

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My girl friend lays claI'm to the five bettas in the house. None of them have a name though. I think it is superstition with the bettas. She refers to them as livingroomfish, bahroomfish, kitchenfish... and so on you get the idea. we have three new one about 4 months now a 7 month old a 2 year old.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
mojoman101 said:
My girl friend lays claI'm to the five bettas in the house. None of them have a name though. I think it is superstition with the bettas. She refers to them as livingroomfish, bahroomfish, kitchenfish... and so on you get the idea. we have three new one about 4 months now a 7 month old a 2 year old.
lol.. I like it, it's really like an original system of names.

PrayforMojo

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't mean to waste time by not looking myself but could you give me a quick run through MTS. I see Tom has it mentioned maybe a fellow canuck could explain it.

Jendayi

Reaction score
I've got this one, even tho I'm a newbie

MTS = Multiple Tank Syndrome

It is why I have 4 tanks on my desk right now, and would put more if I had the room!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
mojoman101 said:
I don't mean to waste time by not looking myself but could you give me a quick run through MTS. I see Tom has it mentioned maybe a fellow canuck could explain it.
I'm afraid it's my duty to let you know that you're infected with MTS and the Betta Bug. I'm afraid there is no known cure.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I believe we have had a Zeus at one time also and I think we have more than one Neptune at the moment and I do not think we have one but I have always thought Artemis or Diana would make lovely names for the little ladies since they were known for their beauty. (and their ability to hunt) Some of the Gods mentioned are Latin or Roman and the others are Greek or Hellenistic. Whatever the case may be I think the idea is lovely.

Rose

New Threads