Planaria in shrimp tank.

Flyfisha

I found planaria in pond of my cherry shrimp only tanks today. It’s my first under gravel filter. I have deliberately not vacuumed the gravel in all the months its been set up. My bad?. This is my first time treating Planaria. It’s a tiny 2.5 gallon with 50 mm/ 2 inches of gravel in the under gravel filter and a sponge filter stocked with pest snails and over 30 cherry shrimp.
I have hundreds of shrimp in other tanks but still want to learn for next time should it be in a much larger tank.

So today I vacuumed the gravel with a 40% water change. Then added a small random amount of de worming powder. My intention is to do another gravel vac tomorrow and top up the de worming powder. I have changed water every day with cherry shrimp that is not of any concern.

question,
Has anyone any experience. I am interested in learning what others have done.

Mr. Kgnao

In my experience, nothing extirpates planaria faster than Etheostoma nigrum, which is as common as mud here, but probably impossible to find in Australia (dang continental drift). The problem is, I don't really trust them in a tank full of neocaridinae, which is especially bothersome, as those are the tanks I find most often infested with planaria.

So, that was about the least helpful advice I could give, you're welcome.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cichlidude
Replies
Views
bgclarke
Replies
Views
acerrato
Replies