Planaria, Hair Size White Worm And Pest Snail.

kashbill

Reaction score
I done put crush coral in my canister yesterday, and realized some tiny hair worm after the canister back on. I dont like it. This morning i check back the tank and got a few micro planaria crawling on aquarium wall, ew ,ew.. luckly i found the 2 snail before and get rid of that snail. Should i do total water change? i just got balance ppm tank reading about 5days.almost done the cycle, only thing is 0.10ppm amonia,and 30-40ppmnitrate, o-nitrite(everyday reading same almost 5days even with 50% water change

Sage Exotics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The worms are probably detritus, they’re in every aquarium just not so noticeable. If you have a lot that you see when you turn on the lights then you probably have too much uneaten food and waste in the gravel that needs siphoning out. The planaria are probably detritus, too, very easy to mix them up. IME, once you see pest snails it’s too late. I had one itty bitty ramshorn and I figured it was doing no harm so I left it and once it grew up suddenly there’s a whole bunch, it’s not pretty and I’m losing the battle big time. It’s not so much that I don’t like them, but I can see all the poop built up after one week that desperately needs to be removed. It’s a lot of work and I can never remove all the egg sacks or crush all the snails, I just can’t. It’s not something you want, I’d look into snail traps to see if you have more. It’s not fun.

kashbill

Reaction score
Sage Exotics said:
The worms are probably detritus, they’re in every aquarium just not so noticeable. If you have a lot that you see when you turn on the lights then you probably have too much uneaten food and waste in the gravel that needs siphoning out. The planaria are probably detritus, too, very easy to mix them up. IME, once you see pest snails it’s too late. I had one itty bitty ramshorn and I figured it was doing no harm so I left it and once it grew up suddenly there’s a whole bunch, it’s not pretty and I’m losing the battle big time. It’s not so much that I don’t like them, but I can see all the poop built up after one week that desperately needs to be removed. It’s a lot of work and I can never remove all the egg sacks or crush all the snails, I just can’t. It’s not something you want, I’d look into snail traps to see if you have more. It’s not fun.
how to the trap for the snail?

Sage Exotics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Look some up, you can use empty water bottles and vegetable on hooks and stuff. Loads of cheap DIYs online that work like a charm.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom